By Alexandra Smith
The peanut butter cookie is such a classic and simple cookie. Many cookie recipes call for ingredients such as candy, sprinkles, and flavored chocolate chips. This humble peanut butter cookie recipe features typical cookie ingredients such as flour, sugar, and butter, but also calls for honey. The addition of honey adds a lightly sweet taste, and fluffy texture to these simple, yet delicious cookies.
The cookies pair perfectly with a glass of ice cold milk, and the true peanut butter lover will find delight in spreading more peanut butter on top of these tasty treats.
Fluffy Peanut Butter Cookies
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 large egg
2 tablespoons honey
1 1/4 Cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
Additional granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. In a large bowl, beat 1/2 cup granulated sugar, the brown sugar, peanut butter, and butter with an electric mixer on low speed until well mixed.
2. Add the honey and egg, and beat until well blended. Beat in the remaining ingredients until a soft dough forms.
3. Shape dough into 1 1/4 inch balls. Place balls about 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
4. Flatten in crisscross pattern with a fork dipped in additional granulated sugar. Bake 7-9 minutes, or until light golden brown.
5. Cool one minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 10-15 minutes. Recipe makes around 30 cookies.