By Alexandra Smith
It’s officially cookie baking season, and these chewy oatmeal raisin cookies are packed with delicious ingredients such as honey, almonds, cinnamon, and molasses. They bake in less than 15 minutes, and will quickly warm your kitchen and have your home smelling like a bakery. Whip up these cookies if you’re looking for a tasty treat to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup chopped almonds
1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
1/2 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon molasses
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine the oats, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, raisins, and almonds in a large bowl.In a separate bowl, combine the syrup, oil, vanilla extract, and molasses.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and stir to combine.
4. Roll tablespoon-sized scoops of dough into balls. Place the balls onto the prepared baking sheet and press down slightly on the balls to flatten the tops.
5. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer cookies to a baking rack to cool completely.